Customers using our Temporary Chefs can enjoy using our candidates on a hire basis but not for full-time placement.
We still give our customers the option to recruit our Relief Chef Staff for a one-off release fee. That gives our customers the opportunity to ‘try before they buy’ and make sure they are 100% ready to move to a permanent role in their venue.
Every Chef listed on Chefs2Go has been interviewed by us. Not all applicants make it through our stringent interview process, which is there to ensure you can be confident that your applicants have the experience and qualifications to meet the level listed on Chefs2Go database. View Staff available near you.
Choosing the Right Staff
Finding staff with the right skills and mindset are crucial. Here are some tips on hiring staff permanently and casually
- Do your research before you hire any staff – understand Australia’s employment regulations, National Employment Standards and Modern Award requirements http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000009
- Have a clear and documented job description to give to the candidate containing requirements of the role, tasks and responsibilities, key performance and other measurable requirements
- Look for chefs who have done similar roles. For example, a chef who has a lot of experience in breakfast may not be the ideal candidate for a steakhouse. A chef with buffet or catering background might not suit a small a la cart restaurant role.
- If hiring non-Australian citizens remember to check they have a working visa and are legally allowed to work for you.
- Ask to see recipes and menu’s they have either been working on or written in the past.
Take your time to find the right candidate and you could have a happy staff member for many years. The wrong choice could cost you time and money.
Ask us for advice and feel assured you’ve got the right chef for the job.